More and more people are specifying that when they die, their bodies are simply to be cremated with no ceremony or service. This is sometimes known as direct cremation.
We are therefore able to offer an extremely simple service to anyone who requests this.
Our ‘no funeral’ funeral, or direct cremation, includes the following:
- Bringing the person who has died into our care from a local place of death during normal office hours
- Our professional services and making all the arrangements for the cremation
- The supply of a simple, standard-sized coffin suitable for cremation
- Transport of the deceased to the crematorium in a dignified manner
- Attendance of a funeral director and necessary staff at Cam Valley Crematorium
- Collection of the cremated remains from the crematorium, if requested
- Use of Cam Valley Crematorium on a day and time allocated by the crematorium
- Doctors’ fees for the legal cremation certificates (see below)
For collections from out of local area there will be an additional charge calculated at time of need.
For collections out of normal office hours there will be an additional charge of £ 175-00.