We guarantee to be completely open and honest about our charges, and believe that we offer a high-quality service and value for money. Our small size and low overheads mean that we do not have to pass on any unnecessary charges to you.
Along with all other funeral directors, from 16th September 2021 we are required by law to publish a Standardised Price List, and Additional Options Price List and a Disclosure of Interests, please find these documents below.
The funeral profession, unlike so many businesses does not benefit from ‘economies of scale’, certainly for the fees charges to the bereaved. Very often, the bigger the company, the greater the cost, why is this? – it’s because they are employing myriad levels of management, boards of directors, area managers, assistant, marketing & financial managers, funeral arrangers, conductors, operatives etc. the list just goes on. We also aren’t being driven by shareholders seeking ever greater dividends on their investments. We are a small, family-run business and because our over-heads are so much less, we are able to pass these savings on to our customers (sometimes this can be hundreds of pounds!) while still offering a high level of personal service.
Unlike so many firms, we are happy to publish details of our professional charges on our web-site to give you an idea of what the costs will be.
Because each funeral arrangement is different we can’t list all costs to you here on the web-site, the disbursements (the fees we pay out on your behalf to third parties) will vary considerably from funeral to funeral. However, if you would like more information and an accurate quote, please contact us and we will endeavour to answer your questions.
Following the funeral arrangement, you be given a full written estimate of all the expected costs.
Our charges are inclusive of…
- Attending to all necessary funeral arrangements at your home or in our office.
- Advice on the certification and registration of death, and related documentation.
- Collection of the person who has died and transport to our Chapel of Rest.
( 40 running miles allowed ) during normal business hours
- The care of the person who has died prior to the burial or cremation.
- Use of our Chapel of Rest and facilities, during normal business hours, until the day of the funeral
- The provision of a hearse to a local Church, Cemetery or Crematorium.
- The Funeral Director, 4 Bearers and attendance on the day of the funeral.
- Handling of donations and advice on suitable memorialisation
A discount of £ 50-00 can be taken if payment is made within
14 days of invoice.
The provision of limousine(s) £ 210-00
Maximum of 7 mourners per limousine.
Collection of the person who has died outside normal business hours ( 40 running miles allowed ) an additional £ 225-00
More details are available of the Additional Price list shown above
These are the fees and statutory charges which have to be paid by us on your behalf in the process of arranging a funeral.
These will include some of the following:-
- Crematorium fees, Burial fees, Doctors fees, Ministers fees, Newspaper announcements, Grave digging, Etc.
- These charges are outside of our control and will vary, exact costs will be given in a written estimate at the time of making the funeral arrangements.
- In addition to our professional charges, a coffin will need to be selected.